Dear Valued Customer,
We all know how quickly the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, particularly given the Delta strain and the uncertainty it’s creating in people’s lives. As an essential service provider, Bonds has remained operational throughout the duration of the Pandemic. To remain operational, we have continually monitored the situation to ensure ongoing compliance to Government/Health authority requirements and prescribed Public Health Orders.
Our State-by-State Covid Safe Plans articulate how we go about fulfilling our Health and Safety obligations to eliminate, or minimise the risk associated with the transmission of, or exposure to, Covid 19.
Consultation with Bonds “workers” regarding COVID-19 initially commenced on 30 January 2020 & has continued into 2021. We are committed to continue to establish control measures to meet the changing needs necessary, to minimise exposure to and transmission of the virus. The health, safety and wellbeing of our workers, customers and the community will continue to remain our number one priority.
Examples of measures taken by Bonds to eliminate or minimise risk include: (not exhaustive)
Government Advice/Public Health Orders:
- Provision of advice to our workers, not to attend work if displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or feeling unwell. Further, to seek medical advice and/or undertake testing.
- Provision of advice to our workers on self-isolation requirements in accordance with government guidelines.
- Requirement to wear a mask/face covering in accordance with relevant public health order.
- Requirement to undertake mandatory COVID 19 testing in accordance with relevant public health order.
- Working from home arrangements for office-based workers.
- Monitoring of worker compliance in accordance with the abovementioned guidance/advice.
- QR code system at each Bonds site location
Promotion of Good Hygiene practices:
- Issue of PPE including masks/hand sanitiser.
- Mask wearing.
- Washing hands often with soap and water.
- Social distancing –Keep a distance of 1.5 metres between people.
- Use/Provision of hand sanitisers with high alcohol content.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Enhancing regular workplace cleaning schedules with additional disinfectant services.
- To respect the choice of receivers who do not want to sign for delivery and to preserve the health and safety of our drivers, we initiated contactless POD processes where our drivers record the full name of the receiver and capture a photo of the items at delivery.
Resources & Support:
- Provision of 24 x 7 Coronavirus Health Info Line to our workers.
- Distributing a “Preparing for Coronavirus” document to all workers (Prevention, Symptoms, What to do if you get sick).
- Mental health Support services for our workers.
- Supporting our office-based teams to work from home.
Pickups & Deliveries
Our objective is to maintain service excellence, however, minimise human to human contact during our pickup and delivery cycle to ensure the safety of all.
- Our drivers will work to maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from other persons at all pick up & delivery sites.
- Bonds drivers will initiate a contactless POD process.
- Bonds drivers will be wearing a mask and have sanitiser readily available.
How can you help?
Where there is no requirement to enter site
If it is possible for our drivers not to enter a pickup or delivery site during the transport cycle, please let us know at the time of booking, or prior to the driver entering your (or your customer’s) site, as this will minimise risk.
Where there is a requirement to enter site
If a Bonds driver must enter a pickup or delivery site, we remind you of your health and safety obligations, relating to the provision of a safe workplace for all, whether at your premises, or that of your customer. Specifically, all pick up or delivery sites that Bonds drivers attend, should have processes in place to ensure that:
- No worker/employee has been in direct contact with a close contact or confirmed case of COVID-19 without having undergone testing and been cleared for work.
- No worker/employee is attending work if they are unwell e.g. Flu like symptoms, fever, shortness of breath.
- Workers/employees are working from home or isolating in accordance with government requirements/public health orders.
If we are required to perform a pickup or delivery to your customer at a residential premise, we ask you notify us, prior to pick up, if any person falls into one of the abovementioned categories. This will allow us to take the appropriate precautionary measures during the Transport cycle. For example, our driver will not enter a residential premise if a customer is unwell & displaying flu like symptoms.
Bonds leadership team continues to meet daily to assess the ever-changing situation and to ensure effective resources are deployed in order to maintain our operation and to ensure our workers feel safe and supported. Should you have any question or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service team on 1300 369 300.
I wish you, your families and your businesses the best of health in these challenging times.
Bonds Transport Group